1. The Information We Collect.
1.1. We may collect certain information from you described in the categories below (collectively, “Information”):
A. Information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, age or birthdate, email address, telephone number, physical address, country of residence, internet protocol address, billing or payment information, or other information which is capable of identifying you (collectively “Personal Information”);
B. Information regarding how the Website is accessed and used by you, including but not limited to access times, browser type, browser version, the pages of the Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, the content and advertisements you have accessed or seen, and other diagnostic data (“Usage Data”); and/or
C. Tracking technologies to track the activity on the Website, including but not limited to session cookies, preference cookies, security cookies, web beacons, tags, internet protocol address of other websites you may visit, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze the Services, which may be collected directly through the Website or via third-parties providing analytic services to us (“Tracking Data”).
2. Disclaimer. You acknowledge that when you choose to participate in any public aspect of the Website, including creating a public profile or leaving reviews on the Website, there may be inherent risks in doing so related to your data privacy, and third parties may attempt to use or derive information from your Contributions in such scenarios. You acknowledge that your decision to use these public aspects of the Website and to upload or transmit any Contributions through the same, is your sole decision, and we cannot guarantee that any unauthorized copying, use, or distribution by other Users or third parties will not take place. To the extent that you reveal any personally-identifiable information in the course of uploading Contributions in any manner, you do so at your own risk, and we are not and cannot be responsible for the use by third parties of such information you
reveal. YOU ACKOWLEDGE THAT OUR RESPONSBILITIES TO YOU REGARDING THE COLLECTION, USE, DISCLOSURE, AND PROTECTION OF YOUR DATA DO NOT EXTEND TO DATA WHICH WE DO NOT CONTROL, OR WHICH YOU DETERMINE TO DISCLOSE OR PROVIDE DIRECTLY TO ANOTHER USER OR THIRD PARTY. YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED COPYING, USE, OR DISTRIBUTION OF SUCH DATA BY THIRD PARTIES, AND RELEASE AND FOREVER WAIVE ANY CLAIMS YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST US FOR ANY SUCH UNAUTHORIZED SUCH UNAUTHORIZED USE UNDER ANY THEORY.
3. Collection of Information.
3.1. We collect Information directly from you when you provide it to us through the use of any of our Services; automatically as you navigate through the Website and Services; and from certain third parties who we have engaged to perform services for us or who may collect such data from you subject to their own policies. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, please note that we will collect any Information you provide when you create an Account.
3.2. We may work with third parties to monitor and provide analyses of the Usage Data and Tracking Data, including browsing patterns of visitors to our Website by tracking non-personally identifiable information about our visitors. Such third parties may include, for example, but are not limited to Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and Facebook. We may also work with third parties to provide us with additional opportunities to engage with you, such as social media providers who may collect your data on our behalf or provide advertisements to you based on your interests. Each third party may also set forth their own policies which may be binding on you or may affect the use of your data.
4. How We Use Your Information. We may use your Information in the manners set forth below.
4.1. We will use your Information to operate the Website, perform or fulfill Services requested by you, deliver information to you about our products and services, improve and tailor our products and services to better fit our Users, inform you of changes to our Website or our policies, to solicit additional information from you from time to time, and to provide information about Quiptu’s current Services and any updated or additional Services.
4.2. We may use your Information to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and enforce our agreements with you, including our policies, and complete any purchases you make through the Website.
4.3. We may use, reproduce, copy, and publish, and you hereby grant permission for us and our licensors to use, reproduce, copy, and publish Usage Data, and data derived from your Personal Information which has been de-identified and aggregated such that it is no longer capable of identifying you. We may use the same for any lawful purpose, including our marketing purposes.
4.4. We may use your Information for any other specific purpose that we communicate to you upon collection of the same, and for any purpose that you approve or for which you direct us to use such Information.
5. Disclosure of Your Information. We may disclose and share Information with third parties as set forth below.
5.1. We may share your Information with our subsidiaries and affiliates, and with contractors, service providers, and other third parties who we have engaged in order to continue to develop our Website, improve our Services, and provide the Services to you. For example, we may share your Information with IT service providers, such that they may support our IT systems, provide hosting, processing, and analyzing services with respect to information and data collected, and provide maintenance of such systems, in the course of the performance of a contract or on the basis of other legitimate interests.
5.2. Your information may be shared for a short period of time with third parties through an application programming interface, which we may use when you create your Account. We cannot control the information such third party retains about you or their use of such data.
5.3. While we will not sell your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties. However, please note that we may provide Usage Data, and data derived from your Personal Information which has been de-identified and aggregated such that it is no longer capable of identifying you, to third parties, which may or may not monetarily benefit us.
5.4. We may share your Information as part of a transfer or assignment if we are acquired by, sold to, or merged with another entity, or otherwise reorganized or liquidated, provided that, if in connection with such sale, merger, or other reorganization, the collection, use, or disclosure or your data will differ from this policy, you will receive a notification of the same as provided herein above, and you may terminate your Account in your discretion.
5.6. We may share your Information with credit card issuers and financial institutions in order to obtain payment from you, such that they may process payments and refunds, verify the absence of fraud, or assist in debt collection, in the course of the performance of a contract or on the basis of other legitimate interests.
5.7. We may share your Information as appropriate to protect other Users, third parties, and Quiptu if we believe that you may harm, or have harmed, the property or rights of Quiptu, other Users, or any other third party (which includes the act of utilizing the Services or Websites to distribute unsolicited email or text messages or to make unsolicited telephone calls, or to send any emails, text message or make telephone calls in violation of any law or regulation), to report, disclose, limit, respond to, or prevent such conduct or activity.
6. Children. You must be at least 18 years of age to use, access, or register an Account with the Services or to submit personally identifying information to Quiptu. By using the Services, you are representing that you are at least 18 years old. In any case, we do not knowingly collect Information from children under 13. If you
become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information without parental consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information without parental consent, we will take steps to terminate the child’s Account and delete any Personal Information provided to us.
7. Your Choices Regarding Your Data. Your Account may provide you with certain options with respect to Information we collect from you, and we may provide you with the option to update or delete certain Information that we may have about you. If you delete certain information, or decline to share certain Information with us, we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionalities otherwise available via the Website.
9. Account Closure & Deletion. We will retain your Information for the entire time that you keep your Account open. After you close your Account, we may retain your Information: (i) for as long as necessary to comply with any legal requirement, to protect our legal interests, or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies; (ii) on our backup and disaster recovery systems in accordance with our backup and disaster recovery policies and procedures; and (iii) for data that has been aggregated or otherwise rendered anonymous in such a manner that you are no longer identifiable, indefinitely.
11. Consent Revocation and Opt-Out. To the extent we rely on your consent to process any information, you may revoke that consent at any time. If you wish to revoke such consent, or if at any time you do not wish to receive the communications stated herein from Quiptu, you may do so by sending your request to Quiptu by email at email@example.com It may take up to ten (10) days for the change to be fully effective. You may also be able to make these changes via your Account. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may continuously maintain any anonymized and de-identified data.